Terms & conditions
Terms & Conditions
All orders received by DecTek Ltd are subject to the following terms and conditions and are done so on the strict understanding that these conditions will prevail in all circumstances should they differ from terms and conditions sought by the customer.
Orders are received by DecTek on the undestanding that the customer is fully aware of the the Terms and Conditions set by DecTek with all orders being manufactured under these terms and not those set by the customer. DecTek`s payment terms + conditions will override any other payment Terms and Condition laid down by the customer on Purchase Orders unless agreed in writing by DecTek.
Prices and delivery charges are quoted for as individual products and services and can be subject to change without notice.
1. Goods invoiced up to and including the last day of a calendar month shall be paid for no later than the last business day of the following month. If terms of payment are not complied with, DecTek reserves the right to charge interest at the rate of 1% over The Bank of England base rate for every month or part of a month.
2. Where payment of an account is considered to be overdue, new orders will only be despatched when the account is deemed to be operating within DecTek`s trading terms.
3. All orders will be supplied on a proforma basis unless a credit account has been set up or DecTek has agreed payment by an alternative method in writing.
All prices are quoted exclusive of VAT which will be charged at the prevailing rate.
4. All invoices for orders supplied to customers outside of The United Kingdom will be charged in sterling and payments are to settled in sterling.
5. Proforma payments are required to be made by no later than 4.00pm on the day of despatch as we cannot guarantee date-sensitive order deliveries otherwise.
6. Cheques may require the statutory banking system days to clear. Payments may be made by BACS or by contacting our payments department and settling by Credit/Debit card.
*Important* All credit card payments (not Debit Card) will incur a surcharge of 1.5%
Despatch methods are chosen at the discretion of DecTek unless specified by the customer.
All goods shall be examined at the time of delivery with any mistakes reported within 72 hours of delivery. Losses or damages are to be signed to that effect onto the delivery receipt and notification made to DecTek immediately:
1. Immediate notification should be made to the carrier concerned in writing. All packaging materials should be retained for inspection by the carrier.
2. On despatch of orders by DecTek within its advertised or confirmed deadline dates, DecTek cannot be held responsible for the failure to deliver by its appointed delivery agents.
3. The responsibility of confirming an order by fax, mail or email lies solely with the customer, orders cannot be placed verbally.
4. DecTek will not be held liable for 3rd party charges incurred by its customers as a result of goods not arriving on time, this includes freight charges, production downtime charges or assembly charges of any kind. DecTek will not be held responsible for any charges accrued as a result of goods rejected on the grounds of quality control, goods judged to be sub-standard will be replaced.
1. All artwork and subsequent work reproduced by DecTek, at the request of the customer, is done so on the understanding that the customer has sought and gained permission for such work to be undertaken by DecTek.
2. All artwork proofs or alterations are to be confirmed by the customer by email, post or fax.
3. Customers must signify if a pre-production sample or artwork proof is needed before an order is manufactured.
DecTek cannot accept any responsibility for mistakes arising from variable data supplied by the customer in a format not specified by DecTek. Data must be supplied in spreadsheet form ie XLS, CSV, ODF and within specified managed fields.
1. If an order has been confirmed and subsequently cancelled, all work undertaken by DecTek up until the time of cancellation shall be charged to the customer in full.
2. Orders cannot be considered `placed` if sent to our design department, all orders must be placed through the appropriate Sales channels.
3. Any artwork alterations which have been requested subsequent to any work undertaken by DecTek may be charged for at the discretion of DecTek.
4. Due to the nature of manufacturing, DecTek reserves the right to supply -+5% of the quantity ordered with regards to domed or flat vinyl labels.
5. All orders are to be confirmed by email, post or fax and no orders will be undertaken by verbal instruction.
Title of property
Ownership and full title of goods will remain solely with DecTek until such time that they are paid for in full with cleared funds which shall include VAT and any interest if applicable. The customer shall store the goods separately from all other goods in their keeping and marked in a manner which will make them readily identifiable as goods supplied by DecTek.